1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Any special meals planned

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jeffery Hunter, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Tomorrow being valentines day, does anyone have a special meal planned? SWMBO gets braised lamb shank this year. Pics to follow of course.

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Nothing special planned. I have a pork tenderloin that needs to be cooked--maybe figure out something to do with that. I have a good recipe somewhere for pork tenderloin with port and prunes. That could work.

4. Toothpick

Here lately I strongly prefer pork to beef. Roasts, chops, BBQ,...it just tastes better to me lately.

5. Jeffery Hunter

Here it is Braised lamb shank with spaghetti squash, beets, broccolini and braised radicchio. [​IMG]

6. Toothpick

7. Jeffery Hunter

Well done sir! It would be mine as well if not for SWMBO

8. Toothpick

Oh shucks! I had some frozen coconut shrimp I made for myself earlier. Didn't even think of a pic I was so hungry.
    Good news is I have another bag in the deep freeze.

9. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

We ended up having glorified SOS. Had a nice piece of leftover tenderloin, sliced thin and warmed up in a mustard cream sauce with mushrooms and caramelized onions on a fresh baked roll. At least one glass of red wine, and a romantic movie to watch.

[​IMG]

10. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

You are breaking my balls folks. How many more cooks are going to join this place?

Tartare with onion puree, egg yellow puree and pickled cucumbers

[​IMG]

Halibut simmered in court bouillon with pea puree and creamed spinach

[​IMG]

Pan fried cod with pepper and garlic dressing, tapioca with pepper juice and olive oil
    [​IMG]

Bass en papillote of course with thick and creamy fennel stuffing and served with dried tomatoes.

[​IMG]

Duck liver its the last time I served that in that country - can only buy bad frozen shitt
    Anyway, apricot puree, portwined pistacchios, liver pate made with grilled foie and smoked chilli powder.

[​IMG]

Duck breast pan fried, duck leg boiled meat and duck leg confit with parsley, cabbage puree, spud mash, cepes-duck jus

[​IMG]

Coconut-hazelnut crisp with white chocolate fresh cheese, coffee cream, pomegranate marinated in olive oil, and caramelised yellow plums

[​IMG]

To drink

Starters
    [​IMG]

Foie
    [​IMG]

And unpictured Pinot Noir for the duck.

Portwein for the dessert.

11. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

I think we can close this thread , wow

12. Toothpick

yeah no kidding. amazing dishes

13. Yeah I won't even bother posting mine:D

14. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I've always had tapioca as a sweet pudding. Making it into a savory dish/topping sounds really interesting.

15. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

I dunno, but that seems like a pretty big/ heavy meal to serve your SO on Valentine's Day... While it's always a good idea to knock their socks off, there are better ways to accomplish it on V Day :D

16. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Dude you are talking like you dont know what A wife is ... ??

:jump

17. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Bieniek, I like everything you did, but the coconut hazelnuts crisps had several family members looking over my shoulder. Right down our alley. "Can you make those?" . " We'll see."

18. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Cheers Mr,
    its 300 grams egg whites, 150 sugar, 300 grams of toasted and scrubbed and chopped hazelnuts, and 75 grams of coconut flour. I used Bob's Red Mill.
    Smear thin layer on a sheet of baking paper and bake at about 150 celsius, until golden and crisp. Open the oven and allow to cool, then cut stripes when not yet set.

19. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Thanks Bieniek. Really straight up . I use the same. We'll give it a go.