1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Andre's Knives

Discussion in 'Knife & Gear Galleries' started by Andre, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Andre

Andre Founding Member

2. Andre

Andre Founding Member

From the top, left column:
    JKI 6k diamond stone
    Ealy paring knife
    Itinomonn ajikiri
    R. Murphy boning knife
    Heiji semi stainless 210mm gyuto

From the top, right column
    300mm Shigefusa yanagiba
    270mm Shigefusa mioroshi
    270mm Masamoto KS gyuto
    210mm Watanabe deba
    210mm Heiji sujihiki

and the ever important Mac shears.

3. Interesting set, Andre! Most of the collections I've seen had mostly gyutos in them so it's nice to see something less gyuto-oriented for a change.

4. Nice kit, thanks for sharing!

5. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Shig 270mm Mioroshi deba......... C'MON MAN!!! :like :jump :cool1 Frickin' beautiful knife & functionally awesome kit. Thanks for sharing.

6. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I used to do a lot of fish work, and I still do quite a bit. I really only need the two gyutos or the KS and the suji. Any more gyutos and I end up having drawer queens. As it is the Heiji gyuto hasn't come out since I got the suji. I have a bad case of seller's remorse on a 240mm Watanabe. I have a knife coming up to replace the KS with something with a little better retention, get another Watanabe or maybe another Toyama and call it a day for a while.

7. panda

panda Founding Member

this is 'happy family special' on chinese takeout menu.
    what do you use ajikiri for?

8. Andre

Andre Founding Member

Not a damn thing. I bought it to see what Itinomonn single bevels were all about, made it a saya, and have been waiting for some sardines or something. I'll probably move it on pretty soon.