1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Adventures In Sharpening

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by James, Nov 25, 2014.

1. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

There I was, minding my own business,... Just setting up... and...

IMG_20141125_200438.jpg

out from under the little foot stool i sit in front of, comes someone to aggressively remind me its time to play. I about had a heart attack, at least i didnt drop the knife

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Read his General Conditions!

4. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Cool cat!

5. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

he's twenty pounds, not overweight, and has teeth sharper then any edge i seem to be able to make on my Spyderco... he wins a lot. he also like to get into the water tub and make a mess

6. Nice cat James, reminds me of the cat I had when I was in my teens, so affectionate but a big solid lump of fury when the local cats wanted a scrap, had a torn ear and a scarred nose but you just couldn't keep him in to stay out of trouble, he wore those battle scars with pride I think!

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Maybe he wants to give his claws a little touchup on your stones. He's a handsome boy!

We had a big slinky 20-lb cat like that when I was growing up who would bite the living daylights out of you. One time he bit me, so I grabbed his tail and bit him back. Never bit me again. (It was worth the cat hair in the mouth.)

The worst cat/sharpening experience I've had is barf on a nice, dry, absorbent stone. And the soaking tub is the preferred water dish if she can get to it.