1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD Aaron Wilburn - Damascus / Ancient Bog Oak - Kitchen Knife

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Burl Source, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

This knife was made for me by Aaron Wilburn just before he received his MS (master bladesmith) rating.
    I am selling it for $850 USD including US Priority Mail shipping. I believe this price is a couple hundred dollars less than it's replacement value.

If you would like to get this knife make a post here saying "I'll take it". Payment needs to be through Paypal. My address for PayPal is burlsource@gmail.com

The blade is a beautiful ladder pattern Damascus forged by Aaron.
    The handle is stabilized Ancient Bog Oak that was carbon dated to be 5460 years old. The sheath is leather.
    Approximate Dimensions: Overall Length 11&3/4", Blade Length 7", Blade Width 1&3/4

I have used this knife lightly so there will be some very light scuffs and the start of a patina. That is why the knife has not been priced over $1000 which would be the replacement cost, if you could have one made.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Burl Source

Without going into personal details, I am selling this knife because it is important that I raise cash over the next few days.
    So....if you are seriously thinking about this knife, I will consider reasonable offers.
    It is priced fairly right now but accepting a little bit less is better than not selling the knife.

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. Burl Source

I really need to sell this knife right away.
    So.....how about $150 off?
    $700 for a Damascus kitchen knife by a very talented MS sounds like a great deal to me.

5. Burl Source

This knife is spf. Thank you everyone for the kind words and messages.

6. Burl Source

I am not sure how to change the heading but this knife is now sold.
    Thank You!

7. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Someone got a heckuva deal on that. Wow.

8. Nice knife. His knives are rarely seen on sales threads.