1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

A sign of life...

Discussion in 'Stefan's Japanese Knife Handles' started by apicius9, Sep 24, 2015.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Hi everyone, just a quick update although there is not much to report. I moved, living in a place that takes me back to my student dorm times. My work contract ends next week and I have no idea where it will go from there - waiting to hear about a contract extension decision as well as decisions on two other jobs I applied for - neither of them anywhere close to making me happy or paying enough to survive where I am. A bunch of other job applications are open, but they are for hires sometime next year. So, still working on things, juggling things and trying to survive month to month.

While things don't look great, I still managed to crawl out of a deep black hole of depression. In July and August I would not have taken any bets on surviving the next week. Depression really sucks and takes every bit of energy out of you. But I moved beyond that, still far behind where I would like to be, but I am working on it.

I hope I will eventually have a few more positive things to say. To all of you who are still waiting for something from me, I am trying to catch up - and please feel free to contact me, I know I owe several people still handles, answers, etc., and I am trying to catch up.

Stefan

2. Good you sound a little better than last time, Stefan! I hope it gets better little by little from here on.

3. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Glad to hear there is some progress!

4. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Good to hear from you, Stefan. I hope things go better for you from here on.

5. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Thanks guys, trying to catch up on things again, like always...

Stefan

6. There is always something/someone to live for.
    You're a talented craftsman and we need you.
    So cheer up and carry on making those handles! :)

7. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Ok, 8h before my contract expired I was notified that my job will get extended for a year. Still the job I never wanted, but I can now continue to apply and do not have to move to the beach while I am doing that. Probably will get drunk tonight. Small steps, but a little more light than a couple of months ago.

Stefan

8. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

Glad you've got some more options.

9. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Congrats! Some security for another year, even if it isn't what you really want to be doing.