1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of other chefs

Discussion in 'Knife & Gear Galleries' started by Matthew McVicar, May 19, 2015.

1. Here is a couple of pics of others I've finished, or currently working on.

[​IMG]

Deba in 154CM stainless steel.

I have the handle started but I want to touch up the blade a little before fitting.

I was going for a bit of an Asian styled chef knife with this. Stabilized black Palm and Australian Burl wa handle with random pattern damascus blade.

[​IMG]

Please feel free to comment or critique. I'm enjoying that this forum has members providing quite detailed and technical critiques... Can only help me improve my make better knives.

Matt

2. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Matt , you definitely came to right place , I have gotten so much feedback and help here from the members and makers . If people will see an area you should improve on they will say it , I liked the Damascus one , any close up pics for the pattern ? Choil shot ?

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

I like em Matt. would love to see a few more pics from different angles.

4. Unfortunately the damascus got sold at a show in such a hurry I didn't get any other shots of it! It was a very nice, thin blade, tapering up to a 3mm spine.

I'll be sure to put up some detailed photos of the deba as soon as it's done.