1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

3 legged pig

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Lucretia, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

There was a blurb on the news the other day about a lamb born with only 2 legs, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth on line about what should be done with it. It just made me think of the story of the farmer with the 3 legged pig.

There was once a farmer whose sow had a litter of pigs. There was a runt in the litter that wasn't going to survive, so the farmer brought it into his house. He and his family fed the pig from a bottle, let it sleep in a box by the fire, and generally treated it like a family pet. One night the farmhouse caught on fire, and the pig ran from room to room waking the family in time so they all escaped the burning house.

A newspaper reporter came out to interview the farmer about the incident, and said "I noticed the pig is missing one of his back legs. What happened?"

"Well" the farmer said, "that's one special pig. He's a hero. I wouldn't be alive talking to you today if it weren't for that pig."

"A pig like that, you can't eat all at once."

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. Ohhhh! This is going on my facebook lol. I have a (recently) vegan ex girlfriend who friended me recently that will very much appreciate it I think!

4. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

Thanks Lucretia, love it!

5. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

True story , right?

6. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Lucrecia's or Cris's? :D

7. I didn't post it. She's becoming rather militant and I don't need her bombing the dairy behind my house lol.