1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

260mm gyuto and 100mm paring

Discussion in 'Houston Edge Works' started by Pennman88, Jun 22, 2016.

1. 260mm CPM 154 CM gyuto and 100mm paring. Blue dyed box elder Burl with mammoth tooth bolsters and G10 trim. I added a 1/8" pin toward the front of the mammoth tooth bolster for extra support. The handle is a classic Coke-bottle Bowie knife configuration. It's incredibly comfortable and ergonomic. Balance is right at front of bolster. Custom fitted double leather saya.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. My god that is beautiful!

3. rogue108

rogue108 Founding Member

The handles and sheaths you do are stunning. I often wonder how you get them together and sanded.

Is that set for another Top Chef chef ?

4. Thanks! It can be quite addictive at times to come up with a combo. It takes a bit of visualization and then laying out some guide lines to rough them in. Lots of hand sanding afterwards.

This set is for an Exec chef here in Texas. Hopefully he likes them!