1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

250mm Wa Gyuto For Sale

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

250mm Wa Gyuto - "Copper" Poly Acrylic - CPM154

Price - $495

• Model - Gyuto
    • Blade Length - 250mm
    • Steel - CPM154 (powdered stainless)
    • Hardness - Rc 61-62 (with cryo)
    • Height (at heel) - 58mm
    • Weight - 8.3oz (235g)
    • Handle Style - Wa (octagonal)
    • Handle Materials - Poly Acrylic; copper swirl pattern with black pearl ferrule & end cap
    • Collection - Standard
    • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

Made from CPM154 powdered stainless steel to have great edge retention, and ease of sharpening.

Food separation will be good, primarily as a result of the convex grind, and also assisted by a forward balance where weight is retained in the upper section of the blade as much as possible.

The spine, although nicely tapered, retains strength and resists flex yet the tip is thinly ground for making proper cuts as required.

The wa style handle is made from a poly acrylic material. I don't like working with this material much, as it's messy, yet I LOVE the results! This handle is described as having a copper swirl pattern for the main section along with a black pearl ferrule & end cap.

The pairing of a stainless steel blade with a poly acrylic handle makes for a low maintenance worry free package.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Note - this knife is ground very nicely, maybe the nicest I've done that is closest to my vision of what I want to provide. I'm certain that someone is going to put a smile on their face when they use this knife for the first time. [​IMG]

P1010001.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010007.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010020.JPG P1010026.JPG P1010030.JPG P1010032.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. Dave Martell

Price - $495

New Price - $445

I've got to pay the bills so the price has been lowered. Please take advantage! [​IMG]

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell

5. Dave Martell