1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

250mm honyaki yanagiba on blue2

Discussion in 'Tansu Knives' started by chefcomesback, Apr 13, 2016.

1. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Here is something I finished a week or two ago . It is a yanagiba forged from hitachi blue paper steel 2 . It is differentially heat treat treated with a clay on spine . Hamon is not as crazy as white steels and I struggled to capture it with my phone , however it can be seen in this video
    It is 250mm at the edge and ground for right handed person with a ura at the back
    Handle is ebony and walrus Ivory , instead of shaping it into an octagonal or d I have tried to keep the natural shape of the Ivory . It comes with an ebony saya and a walrus Ivory pin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is available for sale , due to the high value of the knife I can only ship using courier and insurance which adds more cost to the total price , pm me for a quote for shipping it within down under