1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

245mm Gyuto S35VN 61HRC

Discussion in 'Tristone Bladesmithing' started by Chadd Smith, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Bringing up this post to register peoples interest in a passaround. The blade will likely be an S35VN Gyuto at 61HRC, 245mm blade with African Blackwood and Copper spacer handle. Right handed D shape handle. Slight asymmetric grind.

I may end up using a different blade from Niolox depends on the sale of the above knife.

Please post country of origin and state if interested.

Regards,

Chadd

2. pleue

pleue Founding Member

I would be, USA Oregon.

3. Most definitely. Australia, ACT

4. V1P

V1P Founding Member

Australia, WA.

5. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

London, UK

6. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Motor City, USA. Interested.

7. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

If it rolls through Canada A stop in Vancouver BC would be welcome!

8. Sydney, Australia

9. At the moment we are probably looking at an Australia and Continental US roll around. If we get some more interested from Europe we can do one for there as well.

I will see how this looks in a couple of weeks to determine what we can do.

Cheers,

Chadd

10. I would be interested pa, usa

11. I'd have interest: USA, IL.

12. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

Colorado is a nice place to visit. :)

13. It's looking good for USA and Aus at the moment

14. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446896830.159438.jpg
    So we begin ;)

15. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

That's a beauty!

16. I hope you enjoy the blade :) brutal honesty is always best if you find flaws.

I was fortunate to drop the knife off at Mert's restaurant (my wife and I's favourite place to dine) when we went in for dinner on our anniversary.

Mert had a lovely rose petal clad table waiting for us, but as good as it was... the food is so good it makes the wife and I chuckle when we start eating. There is clearly a reason why he has won the Chefs hat award, if anyone is going through the hunter valley you must stop in for dinner.

Anyway, that was all a prelude to saying the knife is still doing the rounds it is just that Mert is close by so it was easy just to drop it off. Don't worry it will still get to you!

Regards,

Chadd

17. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

If I'm not too late, I knew somebody in Maryland (me) that would love to check in to this passaround...

18. Me as well in New jersey

19. Have not finalised the knife passaround yet, I have had to address some issues at home and will get this passaround going soon.

Keep your eyes peeled gents.

Chadd.

20. Chuckles

Chuckles Founding Member

I would love to get in on this too if possible. Minnesota, USA

Thanks