1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Gardening

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Toothpick, Jan 8, 2017.

1. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Awfully funny that corn is the only crop you expect to eat fresh. I lust for sweet, hearty tomatoes -- to slice up and fix myself a treat consisting solely of a sandwich with mayo and maybe a bit of salt. (And when, as a young boy, I visited my uncle's house in upstate NY, where he grew a few crops (including raspberries -- I'd always wander through the plants and emerge all scratched up from the thorns -- but with a big, red smile on my face), I would pick some of the corn and eat it raw, enjoying the sweet taste.)

2. butch

butch Founding Member

im the same way

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

4. Bucket-o-beans! Nice. Mine are just flowing. Just had a few jalapenos and squash so far along with greens, but tomatoes are coming on strong and should be ready soon.

5. Toothpick

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. Toothpick

8. Jim

yep not a pan but a steel sheet with little holes in it made for veg and fish.

9. Toothpick

10. Toothpick

11. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Good thing there's not a commandment about coveting a forum member's garden.

Beautiful produce, Jason! Wish I had one of those green tomatoes to fry.

12. Toothpick

13. Toothpick

14. Jim

15. Toothpick