1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Gardening

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Toothpick, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

2. Toothpick

Garden is looking good! All the plants are surviving. Tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, melons, etc etc.

IMG_4368.JPG IMG_4370.JPG IMG_4369.JPG IMG_4371.JPG IMG_4372.JPG IMG_4367.JPG IMG_4365.JPG IMG_4366.JPG IMG_4364.JPG

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Nice job, sir!

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Wish I had that kind of spread!
    This is my big plan for tomatoes this year. Pig wire towers scattered around the oak trees.

[​IMG]

6. I'm envious of the guys that have been planting for a while now. Still not growing season here...
    Not that I can plant much anyways but still.

7. Toothpick

Once we get the tow behind sprayer.

8. Toothpick

Bout 20 tomato plants. 3 rows of sweet corn. 7 or so rows of peas. Lots of pepper plants. A few squash plants. Bout 20 each of watermelon and cantaloupe plants. Some cabbage out there and broccoli too. Lord knows what else.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

9. Toothpick

10. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Looking good, Jason!

I have one measley tomato in a pot that I picked up at the grocery this week. Now I need to put it in a bigger pot or in the ground. Leaning towards a big pot--the baby rabbits are starting to show up.

11. So nice to have all that space Jason.
    My humble first year planting in our new house.

The gravel you see between the two beds is what I sifted out of just one of them. That's AZ for you. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Toothpick

13. butch

butch Founding Member

up untill this week its been kind of cool over all so the peppers and maters have hardley done anything but the peas and beets are going gangbusters onions are on trackfor being large. carrots are doing there thing but i have more salad greens then even the neighborhood could eat. blue berrys are slowly coming in and the razberrys are going to hit all at once in a nother day or 2. time will tell if the taters with all the greenage are putting anything good so far as tubers in the ground

14. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Finally got our sad grocery store tomato plant into a pot. It looks pretty sad. Was going to put it in the ground, but we're having a bumper crop of baby rabbits, snail and slugs this year so the pot might give it a better shot.

15. Toothpick

16. butch

butch Founding Member

hot tip for tomotos plan m,oste o the plant itg wil grow roots

17. Toothpick

18. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

I'm terribly jealous. Growing up in Brooklyn, I don't know when I finally discovered what really fresh fruit and vegetables tasted like.

19. Toothpick

Of that haul I won't eat any of it fresh. Well, the corn I guess since you have to cook it anyway. But I don't eat tomatoes unless it's salsa or pasta sauce, or prepared in some way they don't taste like raw tomatoes. The peppers I won't touch because I don't like spicy stuff. The zucchini won't get ate unless it's fried or made in to bread. We've got cucumbers that turn in to pickles before I'll eat them. Squash, eggplant, bell peppers,....it all has to be made in to something else before I'll eat it. The green beans I'll eat when cooked.

Fresh raw veggies just are not my thing. Except carrots. But we didn't plant any of those. What the?

What is going to be really good is the salsa. Just about every ingredient is coming from our own garden.

20. Quite an impressive haul there! :)