1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday May 21 in Alexandria, VA

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by WildBoar, Mar 7, 2017.

1. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I am really torn as to what to bring. David, what food is needed? Protein?

2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Matt, an app or side/ salad would be good,or maybe something fishy. We're making jerk chicken and a grilled banana/ onion salsa to go with it, pita chips/ hummus, and some cookies, and also putting out some salumi from a couple Carnivore Club boxes. Bill13 is making the dry=aged steak for later in the afternoon, and MuchBucho is making au gratin potatoes, and adding some anit-pasta. And DougS is bring some of that fantastic candies bacon, but all 6 lbs of that have already been claimed by me :)

I've only heard from a couple of people about what food they may be bringing, so I don't have a very good handle on it. None of the restaurant guys have indicated what they may be thinking.

(Edit: Leah was talking earlier about how she is dying for some good beef or tuna tartare... Not saying anyone needs to tackle one of these, but I am saying if they did they would earn a free yoga class or two)

3. butch

butch Founding Member

i will have LN in the truck and doug is also bring icecream base
    have about 5L in the tank and my filler guy told me on the house (told him i woudl try to bring back at least a bit of ice cream )

4. WildBoar

Yeah, definitely looking forward to watching you and Doug getting all mad scientist again :cool:

Only 2 days away!

5. MattS

MattS Founding Member

If anyone has a Gengetsu please bring it, would like to check one out.

6. butch

butch Founding Member

dam that was fun i have been back home for a bit an guessing doug is nearly home what a good time

7. WildBoar

Glad you guys made the trip. Thanks to everyone who traveled here!

8. Thanks David for hosting this fantastic get together once again. I had a wonderful time and must also thank everyone who attended for their participation. What a great crew! -Doug

9. Big thanks to David and Leah for hosting again this year, not to mention everyone who cooked!
    - Joe

10. WildBoar

If you tried out any of Don Nguyen's knives at the ECG, please send me an email with your thoughts/ comments, and I will compile and forward to him.

Thanks!

11. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

12. WildBoar

First two pics are from the Saturday night dinner at Zaytinya. The third is a pic of some of the knives - there were a little over 200 on display. Fourth is Zaytinta leftovers serving as part of the lunch buffet, and last photo is the beautiful aged ribeye about to get slayed.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

13. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

14. That looks like a pretty fun meet up. :)