1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 East Coast Gathering (ECG)

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by mano, Apr 28, 2014.

1. butch

butch Founding Member

yes more pictures (i only have 2 or 3 ) i also cant wait to see the video

2. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Video? That's even better than pics :wa:BF

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

I was waiting to upload them until I could ask if anyone objects to that?

4. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

I would object if it shows any of you guys nekkid. If all we can see are embarrassing recordings of the attending people, I say go ahead and show it! :D

Stefan

5. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

I'm not so sure my appearance is much less offensive even with all my clothes on.

6. Dream Burls

Dream Burls Founding Member

Once again I'm being mistaken for Burl Source. I even wore my Dream Burls T-shirt. I'm starting to get a complex. Maybe Mark and I should post pictures of ourselves? That's okay Mano, I still had a great time.

7. Myron, mea culpa!

Dream Burls brought some most excellent wood

8. butch

butch Founding Member

even if i look silly pouring LN into a mixer im ok with the video. i woudl love the link so i can show kelly that i really did more then just talk knives and eat :)

9. larrybard

Huh? I can't remember any of us doing anything us than talking knives, and eating. Better watch out -- if you told Kelly otherwise, the video may be incriminating. (And that wouldn't be a good start.)

10. Wait so the "tradition" that you all told me about how if it's your first ECG you have to take off all your clothes and sit around naked was just some sort of prank!!! Thanks guys fells like I'm back in college living at the frat house again

11. larrybard

I think it was only after the sixth beer -- or maybe that was the second six pack -- that you were persuaded.

Just like at the frat house.

12. O and just so it's posted somewhere, because he's deserves the credit do:
    This is coming from a chef that has butchered well over 500 whole tuna (2+ a week for 6 years & that was just one place I worked) and owns two well used tuna swords, one made by the great Heiji.

It was my 1st time seeing it, Butch nailed that to sword he made! The thing was absolutely perfect, every single angle curve amazing piece of work!

13. butch

butch Founding Member

DSC00080sm.jpg DSC00081sm.jpg ended up talking more then taking pictures

14. larrybard

Did take one picture of the illustrious ice cream alchemists.
    ECG.JPG