1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Annual Seattle International Knife Show

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by oivind_dahle, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Tarok

Tarok Founding Member

Hoss was so much fun to hang out with. His hat was the best too! I really wanted to try it on, but dare not touch it!
    I did grab the western. It's something I've wanted for too long and couldn't resist when I picked it up. Daniel did an incredible job on it. It's really comfy for how short the handle is. I agree about meeting the makers! It's reassuring to see them passing the passion on to the next generation of makers too. I can only imagine what is coming in the next few years! Did you grab anything good? I saw pics of your knives and they are amazing!

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Grabbed a couple things, but the only thing that's made it home yet is a little knife that the hubby got from Chuck Richards. Don't know if you noticed that pretty little western that Devin had...it's going to come and live at my house. And I've got one from Bill Burke that will be long enough for me to do my pedicures without having to bend over too far so Mark will be happy. :D

3. Did you get that combo Damascus? I had my eye on it all week but was too late to call devin before he left

4. Tarok

Tarok Founding Member

Haha! I must have missed it. That sounds like a great score. Would love to see them all when they make it to you. That video was hilarious. I would've lost all of my toes but the pinky one if I tried anything like that! You talking about Hoss's combo dammy western Rami? There was two of them. One with wa and the shorter with western. The western was the one of the most comfortable knives I have ever held(top one or two). I have to admit the damascus pattern was not my favorite, though you could see the man's control and skill since it's insane, but I wish the knife was for sale anyway. I got out of there with a wealth of new knowledge, connections, friends, and 3 knives.

5. I couldn't see the handles in the images he posted. This is the one I was talking about [​IMG]