1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Song of the Day, Giddyup.

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by mr drinky, Oct 24, 2014.

1. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

There are so many good music threads on forums (concerts, new music, listening right now, obscure, etc…), I thought I would start one here. Just one song that you want to pass on, nothing more. One-hit-wonders, life-long passion, life-changers, ear worms -- it is all the same.

Try link a video, and if not just tell us about about it, so we can find it.

Here is my entry for this day of days. Stripped back indie by the Violet Archers, a song called Simple. It's not much, but if your wife sings harmony well (mine does), then this is a beautiful song to sing your little girl.

k.

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Tommy Emmanuel playing a song he wrote for his daughter. Humbling and inspiring as a guitar player

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Love Tommy Emmanuel. Anyone who lists him for song of the day is good with me!

I was trying to find something to post while getting a computer to set up with dual boot windows 8.1 and ubuntu. I figured I'd post whatever was playing when I was successful. It hasn't happened yet, so might as well play some Leo Kotte:

4. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Pretty, Drinky!

5. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Is this what you meant? Do I win a prize? That said, I really like Keely.

Stefan

6. mr drinky

Jessica Hernandez and the Deltas singing Dead Brains.

k.

7. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Johnny Cash...... "HURT" exudes incredible emotion every time I hear it. If you are into gypsy jazz, check out Tom Conway & Gypsy Pacific..... my best friend growing up & can he play quitar!

8. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Professor Longhair makes you order another drink when you know it's time to go.

9. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

And of course, Deano is the coolest cat

10. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Harmonies today.

One from the guys:

And one from the girls:

11. scotchef38

scotchef38 Founding Member

When i first saw and heard Hurt on one of the music channels the first thing i thought was that it was a song written by a man who knew his time was up and sure enough he died not long after.Incredibly powerfull song.

12. mr drinky

The Bastard Suns singing Coyote Road. I love this song.

k.

13. We saw these girls this past summer:

14. mr drinky

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  15. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

16. mr drinky

Mrmnms, that is some fine playing.

k.

17. mr drinky

So this song has been on repeat for the last couple of days when I bring my kids back and forth to daycare. And if they get whiny, I just turn it up a bit more. The song is Find Your Way by Authority Zero. It's punk, so might not fit most people's taste, but this is my morning music.

k.

18. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

19. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

OK OK I sounds great to me but damn that's a message.....

20. mr drinky

I really like the Carolina Chocolate Drops, my favorite song of theirs is Leaving Eden.