1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Xhp @ 235mm wearing Desert Ironwood with a Mammoth tooth spacer

Discussion in 'Ingoglia Cutlery' started by Mario Ingoglia, Jan 8, 2017.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Beautiful Looks like a nice knuckle friendly height

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

3. It's 55mm tall....That should give plenty room for knuckles .

4. Beautiful knife and great steel . There is a nice discussion by Dave Martell on this board about his struggles to keep ironwood from turning murky brown with use over time no matter what the starting pattern and colors are. He apparently went through lots of oils, waxes, and treatment regimen and has had zero success. It's oily and porous. I have a butt ton of it and have been loath to use it unless the customers up front knows about The color change. Have you had any success in getting the handles to remain so bright and vibrant over time with regular kitchen use?

5. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Outstanding

6. Wow, gorgeous as usual!

7. @Pennman88 ....I have my very first rehandle job in my knife block . ..and it's Ironwood!...I haven't heard of any way to stop it from turning dark....But I personally Love Ironwood . ..Me personally I am more concerned with the feel of the handle than the color . ..I like a heavy wood to help balance a Gyuto . ...I guess I will discuss the color issue with the wood in future if a customer request it...But I have a feeling most of the Knife Nuts on here are familiar with the wood.

8. Sweet work Mario! Love that ironwood!