1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Whole lobster help please!

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by WarrenB, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Hi guys and girls,

My wife picked up a whole cooked lobster and now I have to do something with it! She wanted it with a garlic butter and as I never used lobster before I thought it would be best to ask the experts here:)

So maybe I will stick with the simple garlic butter recipe or feel free to offer up anything you feel would be good but not too complicated.

I will need info right from the basics unfortunately as this will be all new to me.
    Thanks in advance to any advice:)

2. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Brown butter and lemon with just cooked lobster is our favorite. We poach the lobsters gently rather than steam or boil. You can blanch, cool and split them. Finish cooking on a grill and brush them with her lobster butter. Blanching will help the meat release from the shell.

3. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

Well, not to sound pesimistic but the shop bought ready cooked lobsters tend to be a little overcooked.

So justcut in two, break the claws pluck the meat and put the onto the tail, season properly, brush heavily, and grill or salamander it quickly.

Garlic fits in perfectly so is lemon and browned butter. :)
    Or chilli.
    Usually, what goes well with your steak will fit.

4. Thanks guys! I ended up just halving it and getting the meat out of the claws and covering it with garlic butter(not too garlicky though) and wrapped it loosely in foil and put it in the oven for 10 minutes, came out quite juicy and tasted great considering it was precooked.
    Need to look at fresh next time maybe.

5. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

With lobster I always say less is more- a little butter and lemon make me very happy.