1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to sell product

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Jared Thatcher, Dec 1, 2014.

1. I have had an Etsy shop for a while now, and that is where we sell our items pretty exclusively. But, I am quickly getting tired of paying over 7% in fees for each item sold. It would be palatable if Etsy generated a lot of traffic for me (which they don't) but most of traffic is self generated from my Facebook and Instagram accounts. So, I'm wondering where/how others sell on here? I have been researching Big Cartel as an alternative. Anyone have any success or failures with Big Cartel? Thanks everyone!

2. Several vendors here are using Big Commerce. From a user perspective I'm very happy with how things works, but I have no idea how much it costs for vendors.

3. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I created my own site, and though the initial setup is quite expensive, I only have to pay about 3% for paypal fees or less depending on how much I sell per month.

4. I'll have to look into that. Thanks

5. I've been thinking that is the way to go, but I have no web experience to set it up.

6. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

Use Big Commerce!
    Software is great, tech support 24 hrs and cost is very reasonable.
    I wished I had known about them back when I first got started.

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

8. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

I'm still learning myself. I'm lucky though, as the person who helped build my website is a friend, and needed some work at the time. Even still, it is an experience learning how to deal with everything that pops up, and it can be stressful at times getting everything to work properly (in my mind at least). I have no experience with anything else, as I already had my mind made up to go this route anyway. Best of luck whichever direction you go, and maybe I'll get to see your work first hand at some point.