1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your most expensive hobby?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by JBroida, Feb 11, 2015.

1. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

I know we are all dorky about knives here, but clearly we all have many other hobbies too. I've seen watches, vinyl records, cooking, eating out, travel, cameras, and more on here. Where does the bulk of your hard earned $$$ go?

Personally, i'm a split between eating out and camera stuff. They both kill my wallet more than knives ever could.

Where do you guys stand? Or are you one of those REAL crazies who spends all of his/her hard earned cash on knives? [​IMG]

2. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Prostit...I mean charity.

3. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Track driving, by far. Way more $ over the years than stereo equipment or custom kitchen knives.

4. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

:jump

5. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

That was a lot more mild than the reassignment surgery I was going to say, but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers...

6. The most expensive over the years would be my fishing gear, although I have slowed up a bit in the last year or so.
    I did have a car that I spent a lot on modifying, upgraded turbo, intercooler, injectors, dump valve, suspension, wheels, seats, ecu remap, sound system etc etc etc:confused: I probably only got 50% of the money back when I sold it!! It was fun while I had it though:D

7. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

The Internet and web forums.
    Both have caused me to jump from hobby to hobby and spend money in the process.
    Let's see...firearms, wet shaving, cigars, vinyl records, clothing, fishing and now kitchen knives.
    If the Internet and web forums didn't exist I'd be filthy rich.
    And bored to death

8. women and beer....

9. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Kids. (Okay, not really a hobby, but that is where all my theoretical hobby money goes.....have you seen the cost of college these days)

10. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Magnus, I like your style.

11. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Beer, preferably barrel aged... Wait, it only comes in an 8 ounce snifter?! Then bring me two! Huh?! You don't give this one out in growlers, but you have it in 22 ounce bottles for $25? Just bring me a case! Ohh, you mean I can't even open it for a year?! What else do you have for me to drink in the mean time?

Knives and food are a very close second, and I've been shushed on more than one occasion talking about all three!

12. butch

butch Founding Member

i think i have about 30K in my shed. wait its not a hobby i guess. DSLR gear woeul be it if i had not traded knives for the lenses i have. i am a bit of a beer snob and that can get spendy fast. all the other stuff i do is cheap kayaking hiking and biking (cause im not one or those bike guys)

13. JBroida

JBroida Founding Member

have you tried almanac farmers reserve beers yet? Really amazing stuff. Downside... $10 a bottle (375ml) :(

14. Jay

Jay No soup for you Founding Member

Marriage.

15. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Buying lumber. No, wait. That's just right now.

It used to be golf, but now it's definitely knives, and tools to make/tweak/fix knives.

16. butch

butch Founding Member

those look like alot of fun. im more a imp. stout barleywine or quad ale guy but those semi wild farm house coudl be really cool and a refreashing change of pace. now to find a place that has them

17. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Men and beer.

(actually it's just man and beer.)

18. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Guns and Beer, the perfect combination! "Hold my beer and watch this".

19. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Sounds like something you'd see on a headstone.

20. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I know it's led to a lot of emergency room trips. [​IMG]