1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats on the bench. Current projects. and other stuff

Discussion in 'HHH Custom Knives' started by HHH Knives, Feb 20, 2014.

1. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Kiritsuke style custom knife I have been working on this week.

First etch. after about many hours of work on the stones today Mammoth tooth a Ktip custom 030 (800x533).jpg Mammoth tooth a Ktip custom 027 (800x533).jpg Mammoth tooth a Ktip custom 025 (800x534).jpg ..

2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

Very nice Damascus work by Jr.! Is this a true single bevel?

3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

WOW!!!

4. HHH Knives

This one i a double bevel. :)

5. HHH Knives

Chef.. Glad to see ya found the new forum.

6. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Me to, brother. Seems like a lot of good things going on here.

7. HHH Knives

OK, Plans changed on this blade. after all was said and done. I was not happy with how it preformed. SO. Ill be starting this order over, from scratch. Reforging the damascus and re making this blade as a true single bevel!! Im very happy about this. BUT that leaves me with this blade. Its currently a double bevel and doesnt have very much taper in the blade. SO Im gona head out to the shop and do what I call a design modification. Meaning Im gona remove steel here and there until it become a cutting tool.. :) Then ist gona be AVAILABLE. :D

More pictures to come..

8. gavination

gavination Founding Member

Looking forward to seeing it! Sorry it didn't quite go as planned though!

9. HHH Knives

Thanks. I just came in from working on this and So far I have not had to modify the blade profile. I have however. Tapered the blade from the heel to the tip. and turned it into a R handed single bevel. This one may work for this custom order after all? Not counting on it quite yet. BUT its looking GOOD and I can already tell. Its gonna cut like a laser!

10. gavination

Aww. I was looking forward to potentially picking this up as the eventual double bevel! :lol2:

But if you can salvage it, all the better! That tip is just out of this world gorgeous! I can't stop looking at it!

11. HHH Knives

The tip will look the same and it will be a BA! single bevel. :)

Hit me on PM or email and lets talk about handle materials and price. I already spoke with my client and he wants me to start over and adjust a few other things. SO It looks like its gona be available.

12. HHH Knives

I just finalized and finished the Ura :D

13. HHH Knives

WHOO HOO!! Its to around 3K on the stones currently and is looking amazing if I do say so myself. ;)

I did make a slight design modification. from original profile to now. I adjusted the tip position, raised it a little from where it was originally.

I know its gona make it a better cutter overall.

14. HHH Knives

DANG IT. Knife making can be a cruel and wicked mistress!

After all was said and done. and the work I did today on this blade. I found a problem and will have to go back to design modification.. lol Long story short. I gota make a few changes. and or scrap this blade and move on with something else.

What a BUZZ KILL!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  15. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

All is not lost, finish it up and sell it to me at a huge discount! :thumb

16. gavination

Hey! That's my line!

Sorry to hear that Randy! What happened?

17. HHH Knives

REDESIGN!! OK this may be the single sharpest blade I have ever made! Single bevel with Ura makes for a SICK edge. Re design 018 (800x533).jpg Re design 017 (800x533).jpg Re design 012 (800x533).jpg Re design 011 (800x533).jpg Re design 004 (800x533).jpg Re design 003 (800x533).jpg

Yes its shorter in height then the original. and the OAL is 255mm rather then 270. BUT its gona be a awesome cutter.
    And I didnt have to stick it in the WALL OF SHAME!! :D

18. gavination

This double forum thing confuses me. I think I commented already, but it's so jaw dropping, it deserves another. You're making me want to sell a kidney Randy.

19. cclin

cclin Founding Member

Randy, this is the first time I've ever seen your single bevel knife. very impressive!! Could you take a picture of choil shots??

20. HHH Knives

Here is it B4 I did the final polishing and etch.

[​IMG]