1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What's On My Plate!

Discussion in 'Se Ecglast' started by Taylor, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Just like the title says, this is to show what's going on in my life. The last year has been crazy busy, with a "new" house, getting more of my business up and running, getting engaged, and planning a wedding. The big day won't be until next July, but there's always something to be done.

Here's the house with some before and after pictures. Money is a little tight, so the kitchen just got a new stove, and some paint to match the 70's linoleum.

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, there's never a shortage of things to do.

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Oh man, I envy you that stove!!

Reminds me of my yard in the house I had in San Diego. new development, pulverized granite with zero organic matter. A yard was a challenge. Congrats and good luck.

4. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Ok, so over the past few weeks, I've been playing with making a paring knife. The first one had quite a few problems, and I can't tell you how hard a tapered octagon is to make well. Just finished my second tonight, fixing most of the problems I found with the first. Here's a few pictures of the second knife, and one with the first in the same photo. Next, it is off to some local chefs to play with, so I can get some feedback with how it functions (since my opinion is obviously a little biased). The second parer is aeb-l hardened to 62 hrc, brass ferule, and bocote handle. Blade is 25/32" high at the heel, and 2 7/8" long from the heel to the tip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]