1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by WarrenB, Nov 7, 2014.

1. I watched 'Village of the Damned'(1995 remake) not very good but there wasn't much else on and I wanted to watch a movie so stuck with it.
    What was your last movie?

2. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

The Judge....I had no idea what it was--some friends dragged me to it--so I went in with zero expectations. I enjoyed it...certainly not Oscar-worthy, but enjoyable.

3. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

The Boxtrolls. But I have an 8 year old. Discounting that, Man From Nowhere, again. One of the best damned shoot em up movies ever made.

4. Watched X-Men Origins:Wolverine last night, seen it a few times before but still watch it when it replays on TV, nothing amazing but not a bad way to pass a couple of hours.

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

After the disgusting exercise of mid-term elections, "My Fellow Americans" was worth a watch. Jack Lemmon, James Garner, and Lauren Bacall--you can't go wrong with those 3.

6. Almost done with the 8th and final Harry Potter movie. My daughter is just now old enough to appreciate them. They give her bad nightmares, but she likes the movies so much that she doesn't care.

7. While flying from JNS gathering back to Russia watched "The Geographer Drank His Globe Away". Not the easiest movie for sure. If Dostoevsky was alive by now and was a movies director, he would probably come up with something like that movie.

8. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

I love it. I had this thread open in a tab along with the for sale Carter Gyuto thread at KKF. Somehow I clicked on the other tab, or my kid did or whatever, and I posted my last movie response to the FS Carter thread at KKF. People must have been scratching their head. And I was sober too, so that's the real head scratcher.

Here is the post http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...n-Carter-gyuto?p=327218&viewfull=1#post327218

Anyhow, the perils of having two KKFs. And FWIW, here was my answer:

<<The Most Wanted Man with Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was better than I expected.>>

k.

9. That's what you get for posting sober Karring!

10. I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night with the wife & kids. Not bad. I have a problem with a majority of the comic book movies lately(especially the past few X-Men) because the stories and dialogue are terrible. I used to be a big Comics collector/reader, but was not familiar with this story.
    Not bad for what it is. Best comic book movie I've seen since The Dark Knight.

11. For some reason I decided it was a good idea to watch Jaws 3 at 12am this morning! even though it is a terrible film I still sat there until 2am and just had to see the end even though I have seen it before.

12. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

I liked the Nolan series fairly well...though I am generally rather disdainful of the hero movies.

I've heard many good things about GotG from my friends who generally dislike these things....I think I'm going ot have to check it out.

13. Just finished watching Chronicle, basic plot is that 3 high school kids get special powers after coming in to contact with a strange object, it was a lot better than it sounds and actually a pretty good movie.

14. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Hillbillies vs college kids at a cabin in the woods. The hillbillies are the good guys. Hilarity ensues.

15. Let's Be Cops. It it was damn funny :)

16. Let's be cops was unexpectedly funny Magnus.
    I watched St. Vincent last night. I love Bill Murray. Good movie, not great, but Naomi Watts as a pregnant Russian hooker/stripper really took it to the next level.

17. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Just watched "Rocketeer" with my grandson (6 years old). A great movie from Disney circa 1991. non stop action, safe for kids, set in the late 30s. entertaining for oldsters as well. Billy Camble, Jennifer Connoly, Alan Arkin. Very well done. Spy's, gangsters, Howard Hughes. It's a rocket pack who wouldn't want one. I kind of get an Indiana Jones vibe.

18. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

19. Spent a lot of time on planes lately. Gotten through the extended version of fellowship of the ring and the two towers. Those movies will never grow old to me. Love the overcoming impossible odds theme.