1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What makes the most memorable burger?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Jim, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Andre

Andre Founding Member

I've been thinking about burgers recently. Five years ago when I moved to New Orleans there was not a decent burger to be found in the city. Now there are quite a few that rank as amazing and they are all fairly different. What this sparked is a few catagories of burger.
    1. The Diner/Gut Bomb burger
    Bun, Mayo, Pickles, high fat content (my favorite of these is 30% brisket) meat cooked to well done, cheese, no veg.
    2. Alice Waters burger
    The platonic ideal of burger, with the sexiest sourced ingredients, but not including a standout item.

3.the Vehicle for condiments
    The Pimento cheese burger. Or where thick cut tomatoes and mayo combine to overpower everything else in a good way. The omnipresent, but still wonderful egg or avocado.

I'm sure there are more, but this is how I have been thinking of them. Each has its merits, and can be wonderful.

2. EdipisReks

EdipisReks The Picasso of Creepiness Founding Member

The last burgers I made at home had minced pickled garlic, cornichons and capers in it (on top of the salt, white pepper, egg, panko and smashed chipotle that I usually put in my burgers), and they were fantastic.