1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

What did I just buy?

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by TheShootingChef, Jun 2, 2017.

1. I'm in Tokyo right now and just bought a knife on kappabashi street but the language barrier was to strong and they couldn't tell me who made the knives anyone recongnize this?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Looks pretty nice! Maybe @XooMG could help with kanji

3. Thanks. It's beautiful I can't stop looking at it.

4. I think I've seen those on Tsubaya's website, I hope someone knows who the maker is.

5. XooMG

XooMG Founding Member

Just says kappabashi tsubaya (合羽橋鍔屋) brand. Sakai type but I'm no expert and will avoid guessing the maker.

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. Yeah I just looked at the website and it looks like you were right it's a tsubaya. That's the shop I got it at which is cool to me. Thanks for the help I was able to find out the steel which I was curious on.

8. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

9. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

10. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Good looking knife. Blue 2 steel?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  11. I believe it's white #2 but I'm not 100% it seems like most knives that look similar use a blue steel but the website say white #2