1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome thecaptain

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @thecaptain

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, thecaptain. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

2. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

Welcome to the Fora! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

3. Thanks folks. First got into Japanese knives about a yearish ago. You will quickly figure out I'm a bit of a Nakiri nut. Some of you may know me from the "other" forum. While I don't like to throw shade, some of the practices over there rub me the wrong way so I'm hoping to find a better fit here.

I'm a tax accountant by profession, but worked food service in HS and college to pay the tuition so I do have a little bit of commercial kitchen experience. Love to cook, love to drink, love to eat!

My thanks to Will Catcheside for giving me the push (inadvertedenly) to sign up here.

4. Rick

You're likely to see a lot of familiar names as many of us are members here as well as other forums.

Have you made your omurice yet?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  5. Nope - gotta get the football mold and the demi-glace. May make it over to Izakaya this Sunday to see what it's all about. Never even tried it but it just seems so...right.

6. It's gonna be interesting to see how many members from the "other" forum end up gravitating here. As a recent buyer of some of Will Catcheside's knives I'm in full agreement of his reasoning and decisions to leave there, and I think I'm going to make more of a presence here too!!

7. Which of the Will's knives did you get? I've been wanting one of his knives for a while.....

8. Rick

9. None yet, I have a bucket list of knives which I'd like to try and he was not on it originally. I added him (along with oh...12 others) to a list that already had 22 knives on it. I'm trying to plan/budget a timeline with the though of acquiring/trying them.

Did I mention I was a bean counter? :rolleyes

10. Yep! Thanks - I've got it in my amazon cart, but will probably take a trip to a major japanese grocery store in Chicago this weekend to get a few ingredients (like real, not instant ramen) and may hopefully find one there.

11. ho, I see a few new familiar names around. Welcome Captain.

12. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Welcome! Seems like you're already a familiar name, if not face.

13. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Welcome aboard!