1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Stefan

Discussion in 'Stefan's Japanese Knife Handles' started by Jim, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Good to see this new section up!

4. gunnerjohn

gunnerjohn Founding Member

Welcome

5. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. I was hesitating at first to sign up as a vendor because I am laying low a bit right now, trying to make a dent into my order list, and it is a little unclear how long I will continue doing this at all. But I thought it would be nice to be part of the community here as a vendor also, and have a place to address questions more freely. For those who don't know me: I work in the health field, teach at a university, and - my third job so to speak - occasionally dabble in making handles for Japanese wa-handled knives. I need to re-read the rules about linking to my own website, but that is under construction right now anyway...

So, I will occasionally show something here - when I have something to show, and I will give updates on where I am in my handle work and maybe even where I will be geographically in 6 months, as soon as I find out myself...

Aloha,

Stefan

6. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Aloha Stefan, we are glad to have you

7. BathonUk

BathonUk Founding Member

Hi Stefan. Can't wait to see your handles:)

8. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

No forum is complete without the one and only handle meister.

k.

9. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I have said it once and I will say it again, no collection is complete without a Stefan handle.

10. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

FTFY!

11. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Glad to see you here! Just slipped a handle from you on a knife a couple days ago. May even have a pic or two laying around here.

12. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Cool, I definitely would like to see that one :)

Thanks everyone!

Stefan

13. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

This is now attached to a Doi 300mm takohiki.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you again Stefan!

14. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

That 's a great looking knife, glad you found the handle worthy of it! Thanks for the pics,

Stefan

15. James

16. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Yep, triple copper with black fiber spacer, desert ironwood ferrule, two-tone amboyna handle.

Stefan

17. James

Wow it looks great, I love copper, specially colour treated copper that looks like it has age on it, do you ever work in those ? (if you dont know what I mean, i mean copper that shows greens blues and the like I know they do it chemically to make all kinds of kitchen stuff like counter tops and range hoods)

18. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

holy s*** taylor that is sexy! I think it tops mine!
    tako1.jpg tako2.jpg

Stefan did you make this handle? I think you did but I am not 100%

-Brad

19. apicius9

apicius9 Founding Member

Very nice one there, Brad. There were so many, but I think this is not one of mine, the endcap looks a bit longer than I would make it. Would have to see it from the butt side. Wish I had taken pictures of all of them... Oh, and Taylor deserves all the credit for the handle design, I just put the pieces together like he told me to ;)

Stefan

20. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I have never seen this, beautiful! Must have been a pain to shape, copper gets crazy hot fast.