1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Marco

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @Marco

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, Marco. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

2. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

4. Welcome to the family Marco

5. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Welcome to the Fora!

6. Thanks, folks. I followed the scent from B&B over this way. The Mess Hall is mostly where I hang out over there.

To celebrate my KKF membership, I bought 165 Takeda Classic Nakiri that should be arriving today. Ok, it's more that I've been giving myself one nice knife a year before Thanksgiving as a way to reward myself for all the cooking I do over the holiday season .

The Takeda is my first serious Japanese knife. Let's not count some of my previous flings with Globals. I was young! :)

I've been lurking a bit here because, honestly, you guys are into some freaky stuff! Even though I don't make custom handles, or sayas, or cutting boards, I have fun with--and have crazy respect for--my kitchen knives. I might mess around and make a saya for this nakiri, who knows. Mostly, I love to cook and caring for your knife simply goes with that. I enjoy learning about--and decoding the lingo around--this world of Japanese knives. I'm also new to appreciating carbon steels in general. I recently brought a vintage forged Dexter 10" carbon back to life. While it's not the most elegant knife, I do have a feeling of connection with it, and that's what I enjoy.

Other than my life with knives, I'm married and raising two little girls, one is 3 years and the other is 4 months, and I design softare in California.

7. Thanks for the intro, Marco!

The Dexter sounds interesting, feel free to post some pics of it, we love pics!!

Would also be nice to see some of your cooking in the What's Cooking thread:)

8. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Welcome! I wandered the other way. Here to B&B and just recently started looking through the mess hall.

9. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

10. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Welcome aboard, Marco!

11. Very cool Marco! Cheers!

12. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Welcome to over here as well lol, great to have you join this conversation as well