1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome lowjax

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @lowjax

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, lowjax. We are happy to have you as part of our community.

2. Christopher

Christopher Founding Member

Welcome to the asylum!! :D

3. Wow Jim. Either you are really fast, or this is automated. :cool1

So, I don't really need another forum to be a part of. I get myself in enough trouble as it is. :D Pretty sure my Lady-of-the-House would not be happy if I started spending as much on knives as I do on shaving stuff.

However, I was directed here by a friend over at Badger and Blade. I have a few kitchen knives and need to learn how to take care of them. I currently have two Carl Schmidt 1829 knives, 1 13 cm utility knife and 1 10 cm paring knife. I also have Victorinox 8" Chef's knife. Beyond that, it's just your typical wedding present Pampered Chef knife set in a block and a set of Miracle Blades I received from my parents. None of them are sharp any longer except for the two new Carl Schmidt's and the Victorinox.

So, that's why I'm here. What's the best way to store them? What's the best way to sharpen them? From what I understand, to do take good care of them. I always use them on a glass cutting board, wash them in a dishwasher, and throw them loosely into a utility drawer. :k Ok, so maybe I know a little bit about them, but I do have a ton to learn. I also have several hunting and pocket knives. Nothing exceptional, just every day use type of things. Those need to be sharpened as well. I do have a steel from my grandpa, but haven't started to us it yet.

I guess a bit more about me.

I'm almost 40, married (16 years) with 2 great kids that I love dearly.
    I love music, books, and shaving.
    I live in the beer capital of the US, but don't like beer. Give me a nice glass of Rum or Scotch instead.

Anyway, I'm sure you will learn more about me as time goes along. Looking forward to learning from everyone.

4. And just like that, two more people I recognize, besides Jim. Thanks for the welcome, guys!

5. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

6. Welcome!

7. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

8. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Fora, Lowjax!

Let me help show you how to use a knife...... :connie or not..... [​IMG] ..... [​IMG]

9. So many familiar avatars. I feel like I know many of you from somewhere.. :srt

Thanks for the warm welcome!

10. apathetic

apathetic Founding Member

Welcome!

11. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

12. mr drinky

mr drinky Founding Member Gold Contributor

Welcome aboard. You had me at glass cutting board.

k.

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

howdy mate