1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome kamilajapana

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @kamilajapana

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, kamilajapana. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

3. Hi Guys!
    Happy to be here, and it's an awesome that you are welcoming new members like that (even if it's an automated welcoming :).
    Little about me: I've become fascinated with Japanese knives around 2.5 years ago when visiting shop in London. Hard to believe, but I never before knew what Damascus steel is and when I encountered Takeshi Saji Damascus knife, I was hooked.

Since then, me and my friends, Kuba, Anna and Ann decided to spread the news and promote Japanese culture to European community. We established a business and went to Japan to introduce ourselves and gain trust of our Japanese blacksmithing friends. (You can see some pics here). It's rare to find women in this trade and we want to promote it to them as well, both as potential career and an interest.
    Ps. We are on constant lookout for small talented blacksmiths (especially young generation ones), therefore if you know or can recommend any - please do!

Ps2. I really hope you won't take this post as commercial, since my work is my passion and I show it through spreading news about blacksmithing as an art and getting involved in many initiatives related to Japanese culture.

4. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

[​IMG] Welcome to the Fora!

5. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Welcome. Lets see some knives!!!