1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome benichka

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Jim, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Welcome @benichka

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, benichka. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

2. Hello there! I signed up yesterday on another forum about knives, so sorry, I'm gonna copy / paste my introduction text :p
    The name is Benoit, I currently live in Strasbourg (but I'm from Burgundy!) [​IMG]
    So many years I'm into searching for information about how to sharpen, which knife to choose, etc. I've been looking the whole time for French forums, bad idea, we have almost nothing [​IMG] So here I am!
    I'm not really a knife addict, but I like them! I've been "fascinated" by it since I was a little boy... I like to have good knives to cook (and so do my GF), meaning sharp ones. I never spent a lot of money for just one, but that's mainly because before that I'd like to learn how to sharpen it really well!
    I already destroyed 2 or 3 when I first tried (good thing they weren't expensive ones), now I think I'm getting the right gesture [​IMG]
    I learned almost all I know about sharpening with Richard Blaine's videos and Japanese Knife Import's (thank you guys!).
    I decided to restrain myself buying new knives until I got decent gears to sharpen them (and knowing how to sharpen a knife properly).
    Last month I got my last wish so far, a spyderco 302F and 302UF, so I think I'm ready to have really sharp edge with my French knives! As for the Japanese ones, I've got a 1000/6000 whetstone that is probably enough for the moment (I'll be searching for a 8000 or 10000 stone later, when I'll get the best of my 6000).
    I'm probably not a "good" poster, I'm more like a lurker. But still, I'll be there, reading [​IMG]
    Have a nice day and see you on the forum!

3. Welcome to the forums!

Lots of good knives makers on this forum, so I'm sure you'll have a nice time lurking around. Be sure to check out the work of another French guy @cassca

4. Welcome along, Benoit!
    Thanks for the intro, hopefully you won't be a 'lurker' for long, plenty of friendly knowledgeable people here that will help with any questions you have:)

5. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Welcome to the Fora!

6. bienvenu ici aussi.
    sur neoczen il y a quelques posts intéressant sur l'affutage, mais il faudrait faire du tri.

7. Ah bin je ne connaissais même pas ce forum!

8. Sure, they will come ;)
    Right now I'm just reading all the existing threads and contemplating your lovely knives!

9. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

10. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Welcome Benoit

11. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

12. Intrigued

Intrigued Founding Member

Welcome to the Fora, Benoit!

13. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

14. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

welcome to Fora Benoit, hope you have some fun with us. welcome to the conversation

15. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

welcome to Fora Benoit, hope you have some fun with us. welcome to the conversation