1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Website Release!

Discussion in 'CJA Edged Art / Scorpion Forge' started by CrisAnderson27, Feb 21, 2016.

1. www.cjaedgedart.com

Store is still in progress, as I can't seem to keep anything in stock long enough to have a 'buy me' link on my page lol.

By the way, thanks for that guys and gals...if I never have to put a store up, it'll be because of you all here. SO much appreciation on this end!!

;)

Anyhow, any and all feedback will be appreciated!

2. V1P

V1P Founding Member

Nice website, brother Cris!

3. Thanks man! I'm still working on content and information without trying to over do it, lol. Not as easy as it seems :).

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Rick

Rick aka Pensacola Tiger Founding Member Gold Contributor

6. It is looking really good Cris!

7. Looks good, Cris! No surprise you haven't got anything in stock:D

One thing, what do you think of having each knife with it's own set of pics rather than the whole set scrolling across? Just my preference:)

8. Thanks guys!

Warren, that's initially how I'd have preferred it, and I do need to look and see if there's a way to break it down. I need to figure out how to add content pages, and then I think I can add multiple galleries.

9. Not much lol, just the waterstones. I'm going to be putting some hand made keychains and maybe t-shirts up on it as well though. Along with various other...odds and ends that may be coming around the corner here in the near future ;).

10. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Site looks awesome, brother Cris. Let us know when those t-shirts come in! :cool:

11. By the way guys, I'd already been selling my water stones for a discounted price ($10 less) for people who bought them from me through the fora (as compared to Instagram or Facebook). BUT...on the website it will be official. Any active member here with over 20 posts will receive varied discounts on every item I put in the store. Whether it be a 'stock' knife, fully premade knife, water stones, keychains, shirts...etc. This discount will also be listed on each item in my webstore, and for now will simply require a PM for the refund via paypal. Later I hope to somehow make it automatic.

Truly, without this site and the members here I absolutely would NOT be doing this successfully, and I want to show Jim and the rest of you just how much I appreciate both his generosity towards his vendors, and all of your support ;).

12. I think breaking down the photos of each knife would be a good idea as others have said. Examples help those of us who are gifted in the design department.

13. On it! Check the "Past Works" link :)

14. larrybard

larrybard Founding Member

Really well done. Appearance slick (in a complimentary sense) and professional -- just like your knifemaking. I can't imagine where you got the time to work on it so far, considering how much time you devote to each knife.

15. Thanks Larry! I finally got an email list setup as well. Going to be making a new thread about a few giveaways I'm putting together for joining it :).

16. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

17. Thanks Jason! I just added video to the front page yesterday afternoon. It should keep the most current 'finished knife' video, as well as the most current 'in progress' video updated under their respective gallery shots. I'm also considering a chat function, along with even a few live webcam feeds once I get to the new shop. The goal is to make the site almost interactive for you all. Obviously the more people I can keep hanging about, the better :D.

18. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

A live webcam feed would be neat. I know if you were building my knife it would be cool to see the process live.

19. Yeah, I thought it was kind of cool. Nothing super up close or specific...just a few basically general camera positions showing me trucking around the shop doing various things. If anything, it'll force me to keep my safety gear 'in use' rather than 'ignored' like it usually is, lol.