1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

W2 @250mm wearing Curly Mango and Ironwood

Discussion in 'Ingoglia Cutlery' started by Mario Ingoglia, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Awesome and stunning work again Mario :)

2. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Beauty. Love the finger notch too.

3. Jesus h!

4. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

^^ yup, that pretty much sums it up

5. Antonio

Antonio Founding Member

@Mario Ingoglia Could you give us a little as to how your W2 is performing, HT, feedback on stones and on board, etc?

6. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I may be able to help out with that:). Will dive in tonight.

7. I thought it felt great on the stone and on the board...This batch of W2 is 0.195 thick so the blades will be work horse's.

8. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I did a quick side by side with Mario's W2 and Raders W2. I don't know what the HT specs are for either, my guess, just by feel is that Raders is a little harder, but Marios is hard enough, there is no tangible difference.

I sharpened each knife at the same angle using first a Shapton Pro 2k followed by the JKI 6k diamond. Each was stropped on leather loaded with CO. They are very different knives, so they cut differently and cannot be compared side by side in a food test. I pulled out my epicurean board and tapped on the edges of both for 60 reps (breaking each knife in thirds and doing 20 reasonable taps on the hard epicurean board). After that I rocked each 20 times on my walnut board. Looking at the edges of both, none had chipping, I can feel a slight fold on the very tip of Marios, but I am not surprised since the tip is ridiculously thin. I can't deduct points for that because it took some abuse. I think if the Rader were that thin at the tip the same would have happened.

Sharpening felt the same on both. Overall the steel is performing very well. (and it looks dead sexy on top of that)

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

9. Thanks for the review....I hope you enjoy that Beauty, she's a Beast.