1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Up for sale thread...

Discussion in 'Brock Cutlery' started by Mark Brock, Apr 16, 2017.

1. This is the first of a couple of recently completed knives up for sale.

52100 Gyuto @ 63 hardness professionally done by Jeff at TruGrit.
    208 mm length
    53 mm height at heel
    3.5 mm this above the heal with a full distal taper to the tip. (1.6mm about 2 inches from tip).
    This blade starts out quite hefty, but tapers to a very thin tip optimized for slicing.
    360 mm overall length.
    227 grams with balance right at the choil.

The grind on this one is a good convex thanks to blade thickness. Edge taken down virtually to zero before sharpening.
    The handle is one of my favorite combinations: Medullary ray red oak, with manzanita and real silver ingot spacers and blackwood ferrule. The oak is very well figured and colored. The oak has some slight inclusions here and there which is typical of this stabilized oak.
    Handle is slightly large, with a modified octagon with corners rounded.
    Choil and spine are nicely rounded as well for a great comfortable feel.

This blade was quite challenging to grind, but the results are quiet amazing.
    It feels robust and solid but the tip is thin enough to actually flex a small bit.
    This should be excellent for tip slicing, but care must be taken here. This is for someone who knows how to handle the thin tip.

$375.00 with shipping included in Con US. Paypal ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks great Mark, this seems like a little beast. I really dig the profiles of your gyutos. That handle is almost the same as Rick's, I can confirm it looks real good in person.

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. Thanks gents. This one is a little more traditional.
    Glad you like it.

5. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Handle, Schmandle, how about that grind!!!!! Yea buddy! :pop

6. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Very nice handle, as well!!! :jump

7. Price drop to $350 and I am adding my industrial Kydex/Leather Saya to sweeten the deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. That's a nice deal throwing the saya in.

9. MattS

MattS Founding Member

I am actually playing around with one of Mr. Brock's knives now. Really great grind and a pleasure to use. It will be my next purchase when I get some funds. This is a heckuva deal.

10. Thanks for the endorsement Matt!

11. Price drop on this one. $275 with saya. Thanks!

12. PM sent

13. PM replied. Still for sale. I can't ship this one outside the U.S. unfortunately. :\

14. Gyuto is SPF. Thanks all!

15. 210 by 54 AEB-L Gyuto with Ironwood and Copper spacer.
    This Gyuto has a thin / thin behind the edge convex grind with a very thin tip as well.
    Hardened @ 63 this knife is optimized for slicing through veggies and boneless proteins.
    The edge is fairly flat with a minor arc through the front 2/3rds and a flat heel.
    Full distal taper starting at 3mm.
    The finish is a fine belt finish as shown.
    Check out the pics for further detail.
    Sharpened and polished to 5000 grit water stone and stropped for a very keen edge.

$255.00 Shipped con. U.S. PayPal ok. International please contact me for shipping.

Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

17. marc4pt0

marc4pt0 Founding Member

Oh my! Really digging this one. Fantastic profile as well. Very tempting...

18. Thanks for the comments. :)