1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Unboxing Don Nguyen Paring Knife

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by captaincaed, Sep 19, 2014.

1. This is a little album I made of a new Don Nguyen paring knife and saya I recently received. I was really impressed with the workmanship, and later the performance of the knife. It's going to make a lovely new addition to the home collection.
    http://imgur.com/a/HZCpl

I've thrown a couple of the images into this post as a teaser. First of the balance point, second as a size comparison to a couple other knifes for scale (sorry, no banana on hand).

Attached Files:

2. Burl Source

Burl Source Founding Member

Great paring knife. Congrats

3. zwiefel

zwiefel Rest in peace brother

DTN does amazing work...congrats!

4. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

NICE..... Good lord that young man does some killer work, amazing! Don, you rule!

5. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

Aawww that excitement when you first lay eyes on that box knowing what's in there! Better than a first kiss!:D

6. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

beautiful knife. You are one lucky guy!

7. Brad Gibson

Brad Gibson Founding Member

Yeah dons work is ************** amazing. excuse my french. I wish I could get my hands on his first single bevel or a gyuto from him. Who knows what the future may hold for me having one of his knives and how amazing his knives become. He is a talented dude to say the least.

8. turbo

turbo Founding Member

******. I want one. Your lucky. Enjoy it

9. He does, and even better...he's an incredibly humble and genuinely nice guy. I'm honored to call him a friend.

Spaz, you've been kissing the wrong girls my friend!!

10. cheflarge

Very nice thing to say, Cris. From all that I have heard, that is 100% true.

11. Just truth brother! Don's a top shelf kind of guy...it's easy to say good stuff about guys like that :p.

12. cheflarge

Extremely refreshing to here, brother. Good things happen to good people. :)

13. Spaz

Spaz Founding Member

I admit it, I've kissed some ugly girls in my day.:D

14. I have to say, I've been happier with some of my kisses, but not many! He was a very cool guy as well. His dedication is very clear. I also wanted to add one thing I've noticed after using if for a few days. The funky triangular formation at the front of the handle is actually very comfortable to hold - as you pinch the blade, the crook of my finger rests snugly against this shape, making it very stable to use. Alas, I am using it sparingly, I don't want to dull the blade! I'm pretty good with my stones, but I'm not sure I'll ever get it quite this sharp again...

15. nice. Love the pointed bolster