1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribal pattern Gyuto's

Discussion in 'HHH Custom Knives' started by HHH Knives, Jan 22, 2016.

1. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Hey Guys. These will be available SOON. Lots of photos for ya to view. Please read the descriptions too! :)

The Gyuto
    Blade is 236mm tip to heel. RC of 63 Height at heel is 53mm Spine thickness above heel is 2mm This thing is a laser! I dont normally classify a blade like that. But in this case. Its accurate! R hand ground. blade.
    Handle is Ladder pattern mokume made from Copper, brass, and nickle silver. Paired perfectly to the Stabilized lacewood handle. The OAL on this one is approx. 395mm
    Weight is. 7.2 ounces. Rounded spine and choil

The K Tip Gyuto.
    Blade on this one is 235mm tip to heel. RC 63. Height is 51mm at the heel. Spine thickness is 2.8mm tapering to a nice fine tip. Right hand grind on this one as well. But its a Work Horse grind. (a bit more meat on the bone)
    Handle is Bog oak and redwood burl. Beauty and function. OAL is approx. 393mm
    Weight is 7.7 Ounces. Rounded spine and choil for added usability.

SOLD/SOLD . Message me or email if you have any questions or to secure one of these beauty's!

Blessings
    Randy, HHH Knives

IMG_7879 (800x533).jpg IMG_7880 (800x533).jpg IMG_7885 (533x800).jpg IMG_7865 (800x533).jpg IMG_7869 (800x533).jpg IMG_7893 (800x533).jpg IMG_7894 (800x533).jpg IMG_7898 (800x533).jpg IMG_7904 (800x533).jpg IMG_7901 (800x533).jpg IMG_7905 (800x533).jpg IMG_7907 (800x533).jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. Randy, what is the steel? They are both stunning!

3. HHH Knives

Chefu, Its our standard High carbon blend. 1080 and 15n20 Thanks

4. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

5. HHH Knives

LOL. David. You, my friend. Your just silly! Thanks!

6. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

DUDE!!! Major knifegasim!!! :jump If only..... :pop Absolutely stunning, the both of them! :cool1 :cool: :) :like

7. HHH Knives

Thanks Chef. Both of these are hardened using a sightly different HT process that allows me to keep them at a higher RC without the trade offs associated with Heat treating the steel to RC 63. :) Im real happy with the performance. But the trade off is that even though the difference between 61 and 63 sound very slight. In reality. Its a huge difference in actual hardness. Resulting in more time spent grinding a blade. More abrasives belts and paper needed to make each blade. In all. Its a good trade off for anyone who loves the benefits of a higher RC cutting edge.

As always brother. Thank you for the comment and checking out the post!
    Blessings
    Randy

8. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

Very nice Randy , everything is spot on brother , two real beauties

9. HHH Knives

Thanks Mert! All I need now is to find a home for them both :D

10. HHH Knives

These are both SOLD. Thanks KKF!