1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Then and Now. A pan over time

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by James, Apr 7, 2018.

1. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

Just found some old pictures of my DeBuyer from when I got it... Can't find the first ones but I forgot what it looked like new.

As opposed to how it looks now. Man I love that pan,... Not as much as the Demeyre, but it's close IMG_20150904_221029.jpg
    IMG_20180407_221128639.jpg

2. Nice, I really need a proper pan or 3! Just have a couple of the normal non-stick ones, they are ok but can't really get a good sear going sometimes.

3. James

James smarter then your average duck Founding Member Gold Contributor

I have 4 pans I use. A cheaper steal pan I can reheat messy stuff in. A lodge 9 inch iron that mostly does breakfast type stuff. The DeBuyer for bigger area. And a Demeyre 7 layer 11 inch pan that does most dinner tasks. That pan is a beast, plus it's easy to clean. I love that thing

4. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Love Demeyere! I have a 3qt sauce pan, a smaller 1.8qt maybe? pot, and the 11" ProControl Skillet. Absolute best pan in the world. I've had it over 10 years. I don't think they make the ProControl anymore, or maybe it has a different name.

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

I have some of the lighter Demeyere with fewer layers and love it. I got one of the "beast" Atlantis line pans to try (I think it's a 10" saute pan) and I haven't even gotten the label off the bottom yet. Every time I pick it up to do so I throw out my neck it's so freaking heavy.

It's not only the 80lb rescues that keep you from typing. The 9 lb beasties do a pretty good job:

HappyTurd2.jpg

All that nonsense about cats landing on their feet doesn't apply here. If you don't hold this dumb boy up, he falls on his head.

Magnum is a pretty boy! And you didn't really want that chair all to yourself.