1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

The New York Custom Knife Show is coming!

Discussion in 'Get togethers, Tastings, Restaurant Openings, Etc' started by Bill T, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

As the title says The New York Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) is coming!....To NJ actually...
    Here's the link : http://www.fiftyfiftyproductions.net/new-york-custom-knife-show
    Location : Westin Jersey City Newport , 479 Washington Blvd. Jersey City, NJ 07310
    Dates :
    Friday - November 20, 2015 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
    Saturday - November 21, 2015 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
    Sunday - November 22, 2015 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
    Cost : $20

Will there be custom Kitchen knives? Yes, there certainly will...but not many.
    Should you go? YES!! Of course you should !!! Knives!!!

Some of the guys I'm positive will have Kitchen knives:
    SHOSUI TAKEDA
    KEVIN CROSS
    MICHAEL ZIEBA

Will there be others? Most definitely! Just because someone makes high-end folders doesn't mean they won't have other styles and such.
    There will also be many Dealers who carry knives of makers from around the world , many who carry Kitchen knives...

It's true that many tables will have knives that cross from User to Art categories, but don't let that stop you from going.
    Instead, let that be the reason to go! It will be an eye opening experience to attend a show such as this.

When you go to the link I provided, go to Exhibitor List, then click on the names to get a representative picture of that makers knives.

If anyone has any questions about it, please just post a question or PM me.
    I will be going on both Fri and Sat, so I'll be there to take you around and make sure you have fun.

I've been to this show with Jim and I can tell you that we had a fun time.
    There's also a couple of good Restaurants there as well should you get hungry.

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Sounds like a Three Stooges convention.

3. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

4. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Not Nyuk!? Hmmmm...maybe a regional dialect. :D

6. I'll be there! It's fun....

7. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Glad to hear it @Esteban ..

Just look around for the stunningly handsome guy walking the aisles with a cane...that'll be me!

8. Last time there was this guy with a stuffed snake on his cane ... was that you? ;)

9. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

No, not me!

10. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Come on Guys!
    2 weeks away and no one is going?
    I do see that Esteban may be there...Nobody else?

11. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

12. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

I want more! You know me, I'm greedy!
    I want to walk through the aisles with a gang. Like the Warriors!

13. butch

butch Founding Member

ron labella is workig on gettig me to sow up but im not sure if i ca make it (can tel you for sure i will not have a table ) if i get there i will for sure meet and great everyone

14. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

It would be nice to see you Butch....I know how rarely you leave the Harner compound.......but I definitely won't be hanging with the jd crowd.

15. butch

butch Founding Member

i ll try and make it and if i do i ll try to make al the rounds to see everyne

16. Swing by my place and I'll drive up with you. You have to come past here anyway. -Doug

17. So whoever is coming, when are you planning to come? I'll probably be there some time on Saturday ...

18. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Oh well. ..maybe next time. .
    My son, who was my ride, just bailed...car trouble. ..

19. Bill T

Bill T Founding Member

Update..
    My son rented a car just so we could go to the show! Guess he really wanted to hang out with Dad....

We of course had a great time...Knives..knives everywhere! What's not to love???

Anyone else make it? Impressions of the show?