1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

the flavor of lamb ?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Stumblinman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

what is it ? how do you explain it ? I love it but just don't know how to explain it. kinda like a nice tender meat with mineral composites and a slight liver quality.. I can't find anything like it, maybe I haven't searched enough. Can someone put a pin on this ? thanks.

2. bieniek

bieniek Founding Member

To me lamb tastes milk.

3. i do believe it is the most highly eaten meat in the world.

4. To me it tastes like Venison. It's a little to gamey for me.

5. Definitely can be, but when cooked right.....unghhhh so good.

6. Must explain my taste for curried goat at my favorite Indian restaurant, they do it right.

7. I think that goat is the most consumed meat in the world.

8. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

Did some internet scouring and apparently doesn't have a name. Unless you add gamey to the mix and I think that's probably the only one that will work. They have all the scent glands like deer and what not. I ran across a hundred year old book that describes the raising and slaughtering in the US. They did some tests to find out why some have the really strong 'gamey' taste. They found that the fell will hold that a lot and the fat is the main culprit. Something to the affect that it has a different chemical makeup from say beef etc. The fat will take on off tastes from other things in the cooler very easily and most likely the source if you get a real gamey piece. I may have learned more than needed :) I read about tests they did letting the meat touch the wool too much and other things. So I guess I will call the tast of lamb, lamb. until I find something else like it :)