1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen knives and sorry for the long hiatus

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by ChuckTheButcher, Aug 15, 2015.

1. IMG_1698.jpg IMG_1056.JPG IMG_0937.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0770.JPG First of all I would like to apologize to everyone for not being around the past year. I decided to take 6 months off from the knife world and work on expanding my business. It is hard to invest in you business when you keep buying knives. After that six months I ended up having a stint in the hospital, as well as some serious serious family issues. It just kept getting harder to get back on the forums. The longer you're gone the more awkward it gets coming back. I definitely want to apologize to Randy Haas, WildBoar, and who ever else I left hanging.

While I was in the hospital I had a lot of knives stolen from my parents house. I storing them there while in between apartments. These include.

Bill Burke mosaic damascus gyuto IMG_1698.jpg
    Bill Burke 8 in custom breaking knifeIMG_1056.JPG
    Bill Burke neck knifeIMG_0937.JPG
    Shigefusa boning knifeIMG_1401.JPG
    Kuniyoshi Sakimaru Takohiki Shirokou Honyaki 330mmIMG_0847.JPG
    Brothersville knives 14in bull nose scimitarIMG_0770.JPG
    As well I some other nice j-knives.
    Won't let me add more photo's now but will later. The Burke mosaic damascus and breaking knife where by far the highlight of my collection. It tears my heart out to think someone would do this. If anyone sees or hears anything on any of these knives please let me know. Hope all is well and Y'all will be hearing a lot more from me again. Sorry for the absence. I have a few good new knives I'll post later. Still don't compare to those Burkes though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Wagner the Wehrwolf

Wagner the Wehrwolf Founding Member

Wow does that suck! Sorry to hear. Glad you are on the mend.

3. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but glad to have you back. It's definitely hard taking a break, and then trying to find the momentum to jump in the pond again. If I hear anything, I'll send you a pm. Hope things start looking up!

4. chefcomesback

chefcomesback Founding Member

So sorry to hear that , at least with one of kind items you will have chance to spot them if someone tries to sell them online but again that's not an easy task , hope you can find them soon somehow

5. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

Chuck. good to have ya back around. What is it that they say? Its better to have loved and lost, Then to have never loved? or something like that.. I know that doesnt make it sting less.

No need to apologize to me good sir. :) Im just happy to hear your OK and moving forward again with your life. and stuff!!!!

Blessings
    Randy

6. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Very sorry to hear of your troubles Chuck. Remain positive and everything will turn around for you.

On a side note I believe if you "use full image" in the post you can add more photos.

7. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

Glad you're back, and a pox on those who stole your knives. They are pretty distinctive, so hoping they'll find their way back to you.

8. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

Glad to have you back! I always liked what you added, even when it was crappy photos of amazing knives.... ;)

9. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Welcome back, miss seeing your wonderful collection of knives or parts there of!!! Keep the faith, stay strong & good luck. :cool: