1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Stainless available for Martell Knives!

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Starting in mid to late April we'll have on hand CPM-154 blanks for all current Martell knife configurations. Rc 61-62 with cryo. This heat treat is pushing this steel to the max performance.

Now we can offer carbon & stainless knives in either western or wa configurations. [​IMG]

2. WildBoar

WildBoar Founding Member Contributor

That's great news, Dave!

3. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

4. Dave Martell

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

6. Lefty

Lefty Founding Member

I wish I had one of your gyutos, Dave. If I could turn back the hands of time.... :)

I'd still choose O1, but CPM-154 is great stuff, and sometimes stainless is actually a bit better for the job. There, I said it.

7. Dave Martell

It's hard for us carbon guys to embrace stainless, I get it Tom. :)

8. Dave Martell

I forgot to post that I have the blanks here, for about a week now I'd guess. This represents one sheet of CPM-154....

P1010006.JPG