1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Sobakiri

Discussion in 'Brock Cutlery' started by Mark Brock, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Anyone use one of these? I'm thinking of making a couple in the near future.

[​IMG]

2. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Never used one but if you do make them a WIP thread would be great Mark.

That video was terrific..wow.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. cheflarge

cheflarge Founding Member

Yes. When made (forged) properly an indispensable tool! :cool:

4. MattS

MattS Founding Member

Can't imagine there are many noodle makers here, but they are cool looking knives.

5. I'm going to get to this for sure in the next few months. I've been making my own sourdough for a few months now and it's soooo good. It is time to branch out a bit into other things.
    I've really become aware with this bread project how little time I've invested into really good food.
    Sure, I can make a good BBQ, but there are so many other things that you can make at home that you just can't get hardly anywhere else, even if you were willing to pay.
    Credit to "Testing the Menu's" Nic Watt for inspiring me to look at other ways of cooking. If you haven't seen his series, it's on Netflix or some on YouTube.

Soba and ramen noodles!

6. I don't see why this might not work as a stock removal knife chef. What am I missing?

7. cheflarge

Not missing anything, Mark. The one I have used (manufacture escapes me) was forged white #2. The importance: being able to get "hair splitting" sharp & stay that way. Soba noodles being similar in size to angel hair & hand cut. Make sense? :D

8. Sharp makes sense. I plan to use 52100, which should meet your criteria. I guess we will see.

9. cheflarge

Awesome. Can't wait. Way cool project!!!!! :cool:;):):D