1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Small tri-stone

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by nhaitz, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Last year Wusthof introduced a small tri-stone and had it on special for the Christmas season. It is on special again. Normally $65. On special at $49.99. Should be available pretty much anywhere you can buy Wusthof knives.

Stones are 7 inches long by 2 wide by 3/8 thick. Listed as 240, 1000 and 3000 grit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have not used it. Just thought it might be handy for some of you with small blades and pocket knives.

2. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Does anyone have experience with this tri stone? I have bout 20-30 pocket knives that need sharpening. Several are cheap enough to to use as practice knives so I've been thinking bout finding a stone and trying it myself.

3. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

4. I tried (without success) to find out where Wusthof gets their stones. My use of stones is mostly limited to the DMT plates and King's stones. I have used one of Wusthof's other larger 1000 grit stones. I found it considerably more agressive than the 1000 grit King stone.