1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Shinko Sharpening System

Discussion in 'Sharpening forum' started by cassca, Apr 14, 2016.

1. someone tried somthing like that ?
    i really want one... bigger than this one, but i can't find online.
    this one have 280, 1000 and 6000grit stone.... for less than 300€

some ideas for bigger one ?
    [​IMG]

2. I know that @XooMG has something like this and Maxim from JNS has a bigger one that he ordered from Japan. So maybe they could provide some feedback and recommendations.

3. ok,
    merci .

4. I have been looking for one this model is a toy I know Knitwear use a Toyo machine about 3500$Canadian I too should like to find the maker in Japan I sharpen by hand but thinning can take a lot of time & a machine like this would be perfect but my business is new & I can not justify this sort of money yet.

5. rogue108

rogue108 Founding Member

Jon from JKI has one is his store and Korin has two in their basement. The 2nd machine at Korin is different, the center is open so you work using the inner diameter of the stone. I believe it is used for Uraoshi sharpening and possibly other repairs. I am sure Jon or Korin could tell you how to get one. Korin could possibly import one to you if you were dead serious about owning one. Since their specialty is import/export. If they were able to import a full size waterwheel into their showroom, I would assume a smaller flat circular grinding wheel isn't as much of a challenge. Getting new stones for it....