1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Sears 8mm camera

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by Toothpick, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

Got this cool Sears 8mm camera from my Grandparents. I'm wondering if anyone here can provide info on it.
    I did a quick google search and It seems as though film and playback equipment is expensive! So probably wont go that route. But any other info would be cool as I plan on keeping it.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

2. butch

butch Founding Member

woudl almost be cool to retrofit a new digital back on it

3. Toothpick

When I wind it up it and pull the trigger it runs.

If I could retrofit a new digital camera in it...AWESOME!

Probably impossible...but it would be cool!

4. Jeffery Hunter

Jeffery Hunter Founding Member

Probably not impossible the new go pro session would probably fit in it if you sacrifice the original internals. A retro fit would be super cool.

5. John Fout

John Fout Founding Member

For what the go pro costs you could find a projector and film... And break something that is getting rare.

B&H has film and working projectors can be found.

Film isbthe expensive part.

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Putting a new digital in there could certainly be done if you are handy. (send it to Warren):D I remember watching my grandparents 8mm movies when I was a kid and then later in life as a young adult. Don't know where they went but wish I had them. A certain esthetic in those films probably be hard to get with modern gear. That said, the hassle of trying to get that rig up and running. (you can hear it's motor turn, but don't know if all the mech works right?) obtaining film and paying for processing? Might be worth it if that old time image is what you are after. It would not be for me.

7. Toothpick

I'm not THAT much in to it. If it's easy....sure I'll do it. But it doesn't sound easy at all to get this thing going from start to finish. I'm thinking I'll just keep it as is. In 50 years I'll show the grand kids and tell them it's a mind control device from the early 1900's and they better behave or else!