1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotch Eggs

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by MotoMike, Jan 2, 2016.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Who can tell me about Scotch Eggs? a good recipe? Are they worth the effort? do you do them with soft or hard yolks. Thanks in advance?

2. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Dang Warren, I figured you'd be my go to guy on this! :tpk

3. Well I know how to buy them in packs of 2 or 4:D
    I really should try to make them, would like to try and do one with a softer yoke, had one in a restaurant a few years ago and it was amazing!

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Founding Member

Are they a fast food type of thing and not commonly made at home?

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Founding Member

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

Oh no something else I need to try.

Reminded me of BBQ armadillo eggs.

7. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Definitely prefer them with soft yolks, but they are fun either way. My kids like them with hard yolks and coated with panko. We make them with smaller eggs.

8. Stumblinman

Stumblinman Founding Member

So jealous, that sounds great. I worked in an Irish joint early on and they were not that great. But I guess you can put a bunch of charm into a place but if not a chef, well.... they boiled quail eggs then tons of sausage and tossed into 'real' beer batter. But they'd pierce them because they took too long and the batter would overcook. One day...