1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

Saya and handle work

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by Nicola, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Hi guys, Nicola from Canberra here.

I have few knives at home that I would love to get a saya/sheath made for.
    The knives I am looking to get the cover for are: gyuto, petty, nakiri, deba, santoku.
    I might be looking at a custom handle or two, but that it is not confirmed at this stage.

I live in Canberra but I am very happy to ship out the knives to get the work done, so as long as you are in Australia doesn't bother me.

Please let me know if you are keen to help me with some woodwork.

Regards,
    Nicola

2. It would be an interesting project, but I am too far from you.

3. Yeah I get you.
    Shipping knives overseas for handle and saya work it is annoying. too many expenses and could be risky as well.
    Thanks Mark for the thought though, appreciate it.

I am still looking for someone that can do sayas and handles for kitchen knives. Anyone out there????

4. Taylor

Taylor Professional Craftsman Founding Member

5. Thank you Taylor, I will have a look.

6. I found the man who can do the job.
    Thank you Kitchen Knife Fora.

7. Hi Nicola,

Just curious who you got to do the work. To be honest you’d be spoiled for choice, there are quite a few capable knifemakers here.

cheers

Matt

8. It is a blacksmith who is making them.

9. Their name? I’m a knifemaker and in Canberra too. Just wondering who you got to do the job. No biggy, I’m just curious.

10. The job is done by Mert Tansu. He just helped me out this time.

Matthew, are you in Tharwa?