1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

San Mai Pre Buy! By the 4th of July! Blue#2 Gyuto 210mm and more!

Discussion in 'HHH Custom Knives' started by HHH Knives, Mar 16, 2016.

1. HHH Knives

HHH Knives Founding Member

San Mai Pre Buy! By the 4th of July! Blue#2/Stainless 210mm and more!
    Hey guys and gals. Im pretty excited about a san mai project we are kicking off. You can view more images. and get even more details about the knives being offered on my web site under the Available Knives tab.

The Pre Buy will have a 210 Gyuto with new style handle and blade. (6 in total.)
    There will also be a K tip 80mm paring knife option. (6 in total.) And a 3 knife set option . Which will be the 210, and a 140mm petty and 80mm paring knife. all matching handles. (limit 2 in total.)

The PLAN!!!
    To have all of these done and delivered Before the 4th of July. I am currently already in progress so many will likely be even sooner!!
    All blades will be Stainless over Blue#2 high carbon core. HT to RC of 63.

All of these knives will have Ironwood handles. The 210mm gyuto is a full tang wa handle. The Petty and paring are traditional wa handles.

The Gyuto or the paring knife can be purchased as a stand alone. The petty's (limit 2) at this time will be sold as a set. To include one of each style and size knife. Details listed on my site.

I have a few in process photos of the actual blades I will be completing for this As well as a couple of sample images of similar blades and or handles to what you can expect on the finished knives!

Thanks to one and all for your support. Questions welcomed here or in PM.
    Randy

First set of images reflect the Gyuto design. and profile.
    Next few show the paring knife Both in design and materials etc..
    Last few photos show the actual blades on my bench in process.

Pictures of the petty blades to follow both here and on the web site...

IMG_8407 (800x533).jpg IMG_8409 (800x533).jpg IMG_8234 (800x533).jpg IMG_8252 (800x533).jpg IMG_6079 (800x533).jpg IMG_6078 (800x533).jpg IMG_6066 (800x533).jpg IMG_6064 (800x533).jpg IMG_6063 (800x533).jpg IMG_8414 (800x533).jpg IMG_8416 (800x533).jpg IMG_8418 (800x533).jpg IMG_8453 (800x533).jpg IMG_8464 (800x533).jpg IMG_8468 (800x533).jpg

2. HHH Knives

Wanted to add a photo of the 3 blades for size and profile reference.

Also wanted to open this up a little, to offer a pre buy in feather damascus Same blade styles. sizes and handle materials. But with HHH Feather damascus as a optional upgrade. Thoughts?

If there is enough interest I would also do stand alone san mai petty's.. Just let me know if thats something you guys would like to see!

Blessings
    Randy

IMG_8472 (800x533).jpg IMG_8474 (800x533).jpg

3. HHH Knives

Hey Guys. I was notified that I had not changed the "SET" option on my web site to reflect that this is a 3 knife set. :) Gyuto, Petty and paring. All matching handle materials and san mai blades.

That is all.
    Randy

4. HHH Knives

Just wanted to say a quick Thank you, Both to this forum as a group and to you who have contacted me and, or got in on this pre buy through the web site. You guys are awesome, Thanks again and Lets continue to have fun with our sharp and pointy stuff!

Here is a list of what knives and styles are currently available on the San Mai Pre Buy....
    One, 3 piece set. Gyuto, Petty and paring.
    Three, 3 1/4" Paring knives
    Two, 210mm Gyuto's

And I am still open to doing 1 set or possibly a damascus K tip Gyuto. I think the Geometric shaped handle will really complement a K tip blade.

"Geo" Handle is a great way to describe this new style handle. One of our forum members called it that in a message and I think from this point on. I will refer to this handle style and shape as "Geo"

Blessings
    Randy

5. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

6. HHH Knives

Jason, Im glad to hear that! Its stuff like this and many other things here in the Fora that take this place from "just another forum" To " The Best Knife forum on the net"
    Guys like you and so many others, who help to keep things running behind the scenes. All the members who are quick to help one another. And the Pictures and excitement shared with each new knife experience!

Its a KNIFE LIFE! And Im livin the dream! And the Fora and its members continue to raise the bar!
    Blessings
    Randy

7. HHH Knives

UPDATE. One of the guys who picked up a 3 piece set in San Mai. Switched to damascus. So there is one set of 3 now available on the PRE BUY.
    1 Gyuto and 1 paring knife also remain available in san mai. http://hhhcustomknives.com/product-category/knives/
    2 feather paring knives and 2 feather petty blades have also been forged and are lined up for heat treat that are also being offered. But to get in on the damascus you gota contact me. The listings on my web page for this were somewhat confusing. so I would rather not complicate things further by adding them to the web page. So PM or email if interested.

Again, many thanks to all who signed up already and more to you who have contacted me with questions or requests.
    God Bless
    Randy

8. I'm a little late to this, Randy, but I see a small ko-bunka and read you mention feather damascus. Are you thinking about this?

9. HHH Knives

Mark. Better "late" then never Ill send over a PM soon as possible,. Gota take my dog to vet for surgery.. Then have to get a tooth pulled at local dentist. So it may not be till tomorrow or late tonight. Etc.

10. HHH Knives

Making progress on the PRE BUY blades.

IMG_8665 (800x533).jpg

11. Toothpick

Toothpick #2 since day #1 Founding Member

12. HHH Knives

Its a KNIFE LIFE! :D

Yep even with a ton of "stuff" that sometimes challenges us.. We, KNIFE NUTS! "cut" through it all and move forward!!

Living the dream and lovin it!
    Randy

13. HHH Knives

IMG_8990 (800x533).jpg IMG_8981 (800x533).jpg IMG_8983 (800x533).jpg IMG_8984 (800x533).jpg IMG_8987 (800x533).jpg IMG_8988 (800x533).jpg

The first round of these have shipped. I expect a second round to ship late this week or next. and a last round the following week..

If you received a tracking number then yours is on its way. Here are a few images of some that have shipped.

Thanks guys!
    Randy

14. HHH Knives

IMG_9061 (800x533).jpg IMG_9063 (800x533).jpg IMG_9064 (800x533).jpg IMG_9067 (800x533).jpg IMG_9069 (800x533).jpg