1. {Name}
    Welcome to the KKF!
    Please take a moment to register and stop by the New Member Check-In and say hello. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and the discussion of all things sharp.
    Feel free to jump right in on the conversation or make your own. We have an edge on life!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Take a look at our new AUCTION SYSTEM

This service is available to all KKFora members to both Bid on and Auction off (Sell)items.
    Dismiss Notice

SALE - Martell Wa-Nakiri

Discussion in 'JapaneseKnifeSharpening / Dave Martell Knives' started by Dave Martell, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dave Martell

Dave Martell Professional Craftsman Founding Member

Look out veggies! [​IMG]

Stats:

Length - 180mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle - modified oval wa style using blue byed Oregon maple burl (from Burl Source) along with buffalo horn ferrule and copper spacers. *Note - the wood is technically blue but leans more to the purple side.

Price - $525 (USA shipping included - International shipping will be given a $30 credit but will be responsible for the remainder of the actual cost)

Please PM for purchase!

Thanks!
    Dave

PS - This is one of the nicer knives I've done. I believe it'll put a smile on yer face. [​IMG]

Martell_nakiri_1.JPG Martell_nakiri_3.JPG Martell_nakiri_7.JPG Martell_nakiri_9.JPG Martell_nakiri_10.JPG Martell_nakiri_11.JPG Martell_nakiri_28.JPG

2. Hey Dave, that looks awesome. What's the blade height above the heel? Any chance of a choil shot?

3. Dave Martell

4. Dave Martell

The blade height at the heel is 59mm

Sorry no choil shots. I never take choil shots actually, I can never get them in focus so I quit trying.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

5. Dave Martell

6. Jim

Jim Old Curmudgeon Founding Member

7. Mrmnms

Mrmnms Founding Member Gold Contributor

Surprised it even lasted an hour.

8. Dave Martell

9. Beautiful knife Dave!

10. Dave Martell